The voting committee is made up of an informed and impartial group of individuals who follow college baseball on all levels, including Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) baseball. Included in the group are college athletic administrators and educators, college baseball writers and other sports journalists and broadcasters, former HBCU and other college ballplayers and above all else… college baseball enthusiasts who have an interest in promoting HBCU baseball.
As the college baseball season concludes, champions will be named in two divisions… the “large school” division will be composed of the 19 HBCU schools representing NCAA Division I and a “small school” division made up of the 32 HBCU schools with NCAA Division II, Division III, NAIA and independent status.
The crowning of Black College Nines National Champions will be announced on Tuesday, May 22rd, 2018 at Noon (EST) on the Black College Nines’ website and Facebook pages.
Below are sources of information that, among others, can be used in order for pollsters to cast educated votes. Of course, these are not the only measures of a team’s success, but only helpful guidelines.
- Black College Nines’ previous week’s poll
- HBCU NCAA DI Current W/L Records (Large School Division)
- HBCU NCAA DII/DIII/NAIA Current W/L Records (Small School Division)
- Ken Massey’s Composite NCAA Division I Rankings of 16 Different Rating Services
- D2Baseball.com’s NCAA Div II Regional Rankings (scroll down to “Regional Rankings”)
- NAIA Baseball Bo Chip Power Index
- Boyd Nation’s combined HBCU NCAA Division II, Division III and NAIA Iterative Strength Ratings*
2018 Poll Dates:
Week 1 (March 13, 2018)
Week 2 (April 3, 2018)
Week 3 (April 17, 2018)
Week 4 (April 24, 2018)
Week 5 (May 1, 2018)
Week 6 (May 8, 2018)
Week 7 (May 15, 2018)
Week 8* (May 22, 2018)